If you don’t see the G icon in text fields in Gmail, make sure your Grammarly extension is installed and active to fix the problem.
Follow the instructions below:
- Copy and paste chrome: extensions into your address bar then hit Enter.
- Check to see if Grammarly for Chrome is included among the extensions, and make sure the Enabled option is selected.
- Please click this link to add Grammarly to your browser if it is not already installed.
If you’re using any additional extensions, try disabling them:
- Paste the following into the address line: Extensions for Chrome
- All other extensions, except Grammarly, should be turned off.
How do I enable Grammarly in Gmail?
Simply follow these steps to install Grammarly in your Gmail account.
- Install the Chrome extension
- Visit the Chrome Store.
- Search Grammarly
- Select Grammarly, download it, and click Add to Chrome.
- You’ll be transported to a welcome page, where you may create a new email in Gmail without leaving the site.
- A new Compose window will appear.
- You may compose your message, and the Grammarly logo will appear on the bottom right-hand side of the message window.
- The logo will read the number of repairs Grammarly proposes if you made any mistakes in your content.
- To preview the adjustment, hover over the underlined text in your body’s message.
If you activated the extension, it should work, however, the extension may be switched off at any time for no apparent reason. To repair the issue, go to and click the three dots to the right of your avatar’s top profile.
Simply choose “additional tools” and then “extensions” from the drop-down menu. This will take you to the extension’s page. Locate Grammarly and toggle the switch to “on.”
Why Grammarly Premium?
Grammarly Premium is a premium upgrade that includes over 400 different sorts of checks and features, as well as grammatical mistakes, vocabulary enhancement ideas, plagiarism detection, and citation suggestions in all of your documents and writings.
What is Grammarly Premium, and how is it different from the free version?
You would be able to use some of the sophisticated capabilities of Grammarly with the free version.
Grammarly Premium is your go-to tool for making sure everything you write on the internet is consistent, precise, and easy to read.
Why Grammarly is Free?
Grammarly is a free app that can be upgraded to a premium plan for a fee. Grammarly’s free edition can detect your most common spelling and grammatical mistakes for no cost.
However, if you want the more comprehensive version, you’ll have to pay $29.95 per month or $139.95 per year for a yearly plan.
The free Grammarly version is significantly more advanced and powerful than Words. The free edition of Grammarly examines spelling, punctuation, and grammar. And that’s quite a bit of data!
Grammarly is a fantastic free service, and I feel that even if English isn’t your first language or if you’re dyslexic, the free service would be pretty successful in catching the majority of the errors that you should be concerned about.
The service is also automated, which is a significant aspect. It corrects you in real-time as you type, despite the fact that it is free!
Grammarly is always worthwhile. A free version is a handy tool that is superior to any other grammar checker since it checks your work as you type. Nobody gives out that kind of service and technology for free.
It would catch significantly more errors in spelling and grammar than a standard free checker.
For the long run, Grammarly is here to deliver better service with bigger heights!